Michael Trick's Personal Home Page
Senior Associate Dean, Education and Higgins Professor of Operations Research
Tepper School of Business
Carnegie Mellon University
Pittsburgh, PA USA 15213
+1 (412) 268 3697
I am the Senior Associate Dean, Education and Professor of Operations Research at Carnegie Mellon's Tepper School of Business
My Full Vita (A Short Bio)
Google Scholar Citations
I have fairly wide interests in combinatorial optimization, with a
somewhat applied bent.
- Social Capital and Operations Research is an interest of mine for
my presidential year of INFORMS
- OR Alone? some thoughts and pointers on the
- In my presidential year, I published some expository pieces on OR
- Modeling Issues
Formulations and Reformulations in Integer Programming
(FORMUL'04 Workshop) pdf powerpoint
- Sports scheduling. I am working on integer and matching
techniques to schedule baseball and basketball leagues.
- Constraint Programming is a very interesting area. I think the
relationship between constraint programming and integer programming,
and methods to unite them is a tremendous research opportunity.
- A Dynamic Programming Approach for Consistency and Propagation
for Knapsack Constraints ps pdf
- Constraint Programming and Hybrid Formulations for Life ps pdf
- Constraint Programming: A Tutorial ppt
- Branch and Price is an extremely effective computational technique
for solving hard integer programming problems.
- Scheduling and Network Flows.
- Voting systems and voting rules.
- Stochastic dynamic programming.
- Special Metrics
- George Christopher did his thesis on
the topic of totally decomposable metrics, which I think is a very
interesting topic. pdf